Apr 7, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
In addition to Joe Blanton and the Phillies taking on the New York Mets
across the street, the Sixers also take on a team from up that city up
the turnpike. After a loss on Tuesday night against a Celtics team that
played solid defense, Doug Collins’ squad will face a team that’s not
exactly known for its defense in the New York Knicks, winners of their
last four contests.
The Sixers will once again be without Lou Williams, who could be
sidelined until the playoffs, but Evan Turner stepped up in a big way on
Tuesday night, taking advantage of those available minutes. He also
didn’t have to worry about Collins giving him a quick yank back to the
bench, so Turner had the time to feel comfortable and do some things
with the ball in his hands.
I don’t know a lot,” Doug Collins said after the [Celtics] game. “But
I do know what players’ strengths and weaknesses are. Evan is really,
really good when he has the ball in his hands.”
helps,” Turner concurred. “I was able to get a rhythm. Tonight I was
able to come off ball screens and be able to run in transition and
stuff like that.”
It was perhaps the best Evan has played all season, “just
[expletive]-ing getting after it, all night too. And against a really
good defense. Usually his good nights come against the Warriors, Suns,
etc,” as one of my Sixers aficionados put it.
Perhaps facing the Knicks’ defense tonight could allow ET to put a
pair of real nice games together. It would be especially nice if he
could do it against a team only .5 game back from them in the standings.
Carmelo Anthony didn’t want to put too much stock into this one game
with the playoff-bound Sixers, “We don’t’ want too much pressure saying
if we don’t win it’s the end-all, but at the same time it would be a
good game to get on the road and a big test.”
Does the battle for the sixth seed really matter all that much to the Sixers?
“It’s pick your poison, you want Boston? or you want Miami? If we
could finish 6th, that’d be great, because 6th is better than 7th, but
it’s not because you get an easier opponent,” Coach Collins said before
the game today.
“The seeding to me would be great for our guys from the standpoint of
saying, ‘Hey guys, you know what, when it’s all said and done at the
end of the year, we had the sixth best record in the East.’ That would
It’s Philly vs. New York tonight. Hopefully the results are better than Tuesday’s awful showing from our local squads.
Tip of scheduled for 7:00. We’ll be in the Wells Fargo Center if you’d like to chat along in the comments.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return