Jul 31, 2007, 12:08 PM EST
Shane Victorino and Michael Bourn got banged up last night. Vic is getting an MRI while Bourn is getting an X-Ray. Say your prayers people. Even if you pray to John From Cincy, it surely can’t hurt.
Bill Conlin wrote a column this morning — we enjoyed! — arguing that the Phillies shouldn’t even think about trading Bourn.
When I went to bed last night, I planned to pray for the safety of
our servicemen and women in the hellholes of the world, for the health
of my family and for general manager Pat Gillick to not trade Michael Bourn and his wonderful, intimidating speed for some back-of-the-rotation
turkey or front-of-the-bullpen punching bag. I understand there are
compelling economic reasons to deal Aaron Rowand, who has hit himself
into an expensive free-agent neighborhood. But there is no compelling reason
to deal a young outfielder with speed on loan from God just to make a
treading water, "See, we did something,” sideways deal.
So, Mr Gillick, stand pat. Or something. And let’s all keep our fingers crossed for Vic and Bourn.
>>Bourn to Run [Inqy]
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages