Feb 1, 2009, 10:55 AM EST
We're not going to get too in-depth with a whole "what went wrong, what went right" thing here, because let's face it, not much can go right in a 4-0 loss to a weak team. The league's second best power play unit going 0-11 pretty much says it all. Meanwhile, the Flyers earned 40 PIM and gave up two power play goals.
Part of the reason for the futility was that Braydon Coburn, a key member of the special teams units, was out with the flu along with Randy Jones. Luca Sbisa got some ice time to fill in, and he played okay, but John Stevens relied a lot more on Mike Richards and Kimmo Timonen, who did everything but score.
Richie spent some time as the PP QB, a position he played last season, and Kimmo logged a massive 29:31 of ice time. Neither of the Blues' two regular strength goals came with Kimmo on the ice, so he finished at even, and he also managed to put six shots on goal.
Other than Kimmo's huge (yet largely fruitless) effort, the only things we had to stick-tap for were fights by Richie and Asham fights, both wins. The captain didn't like the way the game was going, and you know he doesn't mind trying to turn it around with his bare hands.
It wasn't enough to get the Flyers on the board, but we applaud the effort. 24 hours after scoring two goals and adding an assist, Richie wouldn't go down without a fight.
|MJS on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|baxter097 on Stop blaming Claude Giroux for…|
|galasso2586 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
|t800m101 on Video: All hell breaks loose a…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages