Nov 8, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
We grant you a brief reprieve from the non-stop news of death, child abuse and class warfare between the rich and hyper-rich to bring you a tiny bit of “good news.”
CSN’s Tim Panaccio is reporting that Chris Pronger “appears likely” to return to the ice this Wednesday evening against the Tampa Bay Lightning. The captain has been sidelined for the Flyers’ last six games after taking an errant stick blade to the eye.
Pronger refused to confirm the report—citing his conditioning as what’s “holding him back”— but Panaccio makes it clear that a return is imminent.
Though the Flyers suffered lapses on defense immediately after his loss, the team has since righted itself, winning three of its last four and earning points in all four of its opportunities.
Unrelated to his injury, the ongoing story of strife between the team and its beat writers may have continued today when Pronger stepped away briefly from his interview, only to return wearing a shirt that bore the slogan: “Go Screw Yourself.”
How wonderfully Pronger.
The Flyers are scheduled to travel to Tampa for their first meeting of the season with the Lightning tomorrow evening. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages