Nov 8, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
We grant you a brief reprieve from the non-stop news of death, child abuse and class warfare between the rich and hyper-rich to bring you a tiny bit of “good news.”
CSN’s Tim Panaccio is reporting that Chris Pronger “appears likely” to return to the ice this Wednesday evening against the Tampa Bay Lightning. The captain has been sidelined for the Flyers’ last six games after taking an errant stick blade to the eye.
Pronger refused to confirm the report—citing his conditioning as what’s “holding him back”— but Panaccio makes it clear that a return is imminent.
Though the Flyers suffered lapses on defense immediately after his loss, the team has since righted itself, winning three of its last four and earning points in all four of its opportunities.
Unrelated to his injury, the ongoing story of strife between the team and its beat writers may have continued today when Pronger stepped away briefly from his interview, only to return wearing a shirt that bore the slogan: “Go Screw Yourself.”
How wonderfully Pronger.
The Flyers are scheduled to travel to Tampa for their first meeting of the season with the Lightning tomorrow evening. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
|BenE. on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|BenE. on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|letsgoFlyers on Interesting theory on Jake Vor…|
|Matt Nowak on Michael Carter-Williams is you…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money