Mar 1, 2006, 5:09 AM EST
I recently got an email from representatives at ESPN2 inviting me to appear on Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith to chat with Phillies great Mike Schmidt. No. Wait. They wanted to give me an exclusive invite only available to high profile sports bloggers to sit in on a viewing. No. Wait. They wanted to invite me and anyone in the world who would want to sit through a whole episode of listening to Stephen A.
Here is the email:
My name is Brian Dunphy and I am an Audience Coordinator for ESPN2’s sports talk show Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith.
The reason I am contacting you is that we just found out that former Philadelphia Phillie and stand-out Hall of Fame Third-Baseman Mike Schmidt, is scheduled to appear LIVE in studio on Thursday, March 16 at 4:30 pm.
We would like to extend to you and your organization FREE tickets to attend the show. We realize that this maybe short notice, but it would be a great opportunity for some of your forum members to get together and meet up for an exciting sports show. The tickets are open to your all interested members, family members, friends, and co-workers.
Our studio is located in the heart of New York City, across the street from Madison Square Garden. Again the show date is Thursday, March 16 at 4:30 pm with a 3:00 pm check-in.
If you or any of your members are interested in attending the show, please call Brian at 646-708-7105 or email Brian.C.Dunphy.-ND@espn.com.
In addition, please feel free to post this information on your website for all Philadelphia Phillie fans located in the New York or tri-state area.
So if you are a Phillies fan in the NYC area or are unemployed and have nothing better to do, take a road trip to the Big Apple and see what Schmidty has to say. I would go if it were in Philly. It is actually pretty cool how ESPN tries to target fans who are actually interested in the show topic before offering tickets up to Joe Blow sports fan. Good work Mr. Dunphy.
|Mark432 on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|kai on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|Beardy on Cole Hamels, Cliff Lee, Dom Br…|
|KJB on Four gorgeous Tony Wroten pass…|
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages