Jun 28, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
By all accounts, the new soccer field in Chester is a hit. There doesn’t really appear to be a bad seat in the house and even the players appreciate the proximity from which fans can douse them in icy-cold adult beverages. It was pushing 100 degrees yesterday, you know.
“You can be hit by a beer from any spot in the
stadium,” Union captain Danny Califf said. “I think that’s awesome.”
And soccer players continue to impress us. Good on ya, Califf. Way to work a Philly crowd.
|psudrozz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|najwa wahid on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|walt on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money