Sep 21, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Fans who run on the field during a game are idiots. This is a fact. But it’s also hard not to laugh at them when they’re wearing full-body spandex. One Phillie who took the incident in stride was Phillies closer Brad Lidge.
Lidge took note of Matt Diaz’s takedown of Red Man, “It was impressive. He kind of snuck up on that guy and gave him a little trip. I would say it was textbook for his sneakiness. The guy was doing jumping jacks and kind of backpedalled right into Matt. It was kind of funny.”
Anytime someone falls flat on their face, it’s kind of funny, but isn’t the move there a forearm?
“The forearm shiver could have been used as well. It would have accentuated the takedown,” Lidge said.
While Citizens Bank Park never ceases to entertain the fans, be it with the hot play by the Fightins’ or by the morons who keep coming up with new ways to get arrested, the players themselves seemed to get a kick out of Red Man last night.
“Even Utley laughed,” Charlie Manuel added.
|Bonsai Steve on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return