Sep 21, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Fans who run on the field during a game are idiots. This is a fact. But it’s also hard not to laugh at them when they’re wearing full-body spandex. One Phillie who took the incident in stride was Phillies closer Brad Lidge.
Lidge took note of Matt Diaz’s takedown of Red Man, “It was impressive. He kind of snuck up on that guy and gave him a little trip. I would say it was textbook for his sneakiness. The guy was doing jumping jacks and kind of backpedalled right into Matt. It was kind of funny.”
Anytime someone falls flat on their face, it’s kind of funny, but isn’t the move there a forearm?
“The forearm shiver could have been used as well. It would have accentuated the takedown,” Lidge said.
While Citizens Bank Park never ceases to entertain the fans, be it with the hot play by the Fightins’ or by the morons who keep coming up with new ways to get arrested, the players themselves seemed to get a kick out of Red Man last night.
“Even Utley laughed,” Charlie Manuel added.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money