May 13, 2008, 8:15 AM EST
After a long wait, the Eastern Conference Finals swing to Philly tonight. The faithful will be out in force, showing trademark intensity and venom laced with desperation. In his third year in the NHL, Sidney Crosby knows what to expect when the fans see him take the ice:
"I would say it’s a pretty tough place to play," Crosby said
yesterday before the Penguins departed for tonight’s Game 3 of the
Eastern Conference finals at the Wachovia Center.
"But at the same time, it makes for a great atmosphere in the
playoffs," he said. "The worst thing? I can’t really name one thing.
They’re just a tough crowd. They’re not afraid to say anything. They’re
a very vocal group."
You damn right.
Crosby’s earned a lot of nicknames from fans in Philly and around the league, but with that pathetic excuse for a playoff beard, we’re going with "The Dirty Sidney."
Crosby and Penguins await rude awakening [Inquirer]
Pic via Sean Leahy’s Going Five Hole, who are doing a Crosby Playoff Beard Watch. This was at Day 32.
|Mo-Cup-Town on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|2sentz on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Nick Menta on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages