May 13, 2008, 8:15 AM EDT
After a long wait, the Eastern Conference Finals swing to Philly tonight. The faithful will be out in force, showing trademark intensity and venom laced with desperation. In his third year in the NHL, Sidney Crosby knows what to expect when the fans see him take the ice:
"I would say it’s a pretty tough place to play," Crosby said
yesterday before the Penguins departed for tonight’s Game 3 of the
Eastern Conference finals at the Wachovia Center.
"But at the same time, it makes for a great atmosphere in the
playoffs," he said. "The worst thing? I can’t really name one thing.
They’re just a tough crowd. They’re not afraid to say anything. They’re
a very vocal group."
You damn right.
Crosby’s earned a lot of nicknames from fans in Philly and around the league, but with that pathetic excuse for a playoff beard, we’re going with "The Dirty Sidney."
Crosby and Penguins await rude awakening [Inquirer]
Pic via Sean Leahy’s Going Five Hole, who are doing a Crosby Playoff Beard Watch. This was at Day 32.
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|phillyphanatic77 on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|Hiccup on Cliff Lee struck out 13 Braves…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money