Aug 5, 2010, 1:47 AM EDT
Dom Brown did it all on Wednesday night. He notched a career-best 3 RBIs, but it was his cannon of an arm that was most impressive, particularly on the play when he threw Gaby Sanchez out at home by about 10 feet (video).
“The whole dugout was like, ‘Way to throw the damn ball!’” Manuel said after the game.
Way to throw the damn ball indeed. [video below]
Also deserving praise on the evening was this tremendous Phillies fan who toughed out the downpour of rain prior to the start of the game and at one point was even shown on camera talking to the rain gods, mouthing what looked like "go away!" as he looked skyward. The CSN cameras kept going back to this fella the entire game, showing his approval of the Phillies victory. Solid effort.
Also of interest that you won't see in a box score: Dom Brown showed off his cannon in right in the video above, but he also made what may have been a questionable decision to throw home on a play later in the game on which a run scored fairly easily. Jimmy Rollins took the youngster aside in the dugout after the inning and gave him a talking to, seemingly trying to give a bit of veteran advice about maybe looking to hit the cutoff man instead and preventing the other runners from advancing in such a situation. The television shot showed Jimmy Rollins, the longest tenured Phillie, imparting a bit of knowledge on young Dom Brown, the kid we hope to watch in Phillies red for as long as Jimmy's been here. Was a nice moment.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money