Jan 28, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
Former Sixer Nik Vucevic has turned into quite the rebounder down in Orlando after being dealt to the Magic as part of the trade that sent Andrew Bynum to the Sixers over the summer. He’s also something of a realist too.
In a piece for the Inquirer, John Mitchell writes about Vucevic’s impressive season:
Scoring 11.8 points, averaging 11.1 rebounds (third in the NBA), and
blocking a team-high 1.2 shots per game, Vucevic, making just $1.7
million this season, is the only second-year player averaging a
double-double. On Dec. 31, Vucevic scored 20 points and grabbed 29
rebounds to break the franchise record (28) set by Shaquille O’Neal 19
Bynum, of course, is averaging zero points and zero rebounds this season.
Alas, Vucevic isn’t under any delusions that if Bynum were healthy, the trade would have made total sense for the Sixers.
“I would have traded me for Andrew Bynum,” [Vucevic] said with a laugh.
It’s not always easy watching a former Philly player flourish elsewhere, especially when his replacement hasn’t seen the hardwood yet and the reality of his future with the Sixers is cloudy at best, but Vucevic’s play and humor make him tough not to like even in opposition colors.
Man, the Sixers could really use a rebounder.
|dawkisgod on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages