Jan 28, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
Former Sixer Nik Vucevic has turned into quite the rebounder down in Orlando after being dealt to the Magic as part of the trade that sent Andrew Bynum to the Sixers over the summer. He’s also something of a realist too.
In a piece for the Inquirer, John Mitchell writes about Vucevic’s impressive season:
Scoring 11.8 points, averaging 11.1 rebounds (third in the NBA), and
blocking a team-high 1.2 shots per game, Vucevic, making just $1.7
million this season, is the only second-year player averaging a
double-double. On Dec. 31, Vucevic scored 20 points and grabbed 29
rebounds to break the franchise record (28) set by Shaquille O’Neal 19
Bynum, of course, is averaging zero points and zero rebounds this season.
Alas, Vucevic isn’t under any delusions that if Bynum were healthy, the trade would have made total sense for the Sixers.
“I would have traded me for Andrew Bynum,” [Vucevic] said with a laugh.
It’s not always easy watching a former Philly player flourish elsewhere, especially when his replacement hasn’t seen the hardwood yet and the reality of his future with the Sixers is cloudy at best, but Vucevic’s play and humor make him tough not to like even in opposition colors.
Man, the Sixers could really use a rebounder.
|Nick Russo on 3 Stars: Giroux, Voracek pace…|
|Steve on Adrian Peterson thinks Mike Vi…|
|Ummmm on Union unveil new primary kits,…|
|bulldogmomanne on Before This Week, the Most Un-…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return