Jan 31, 2011, 10:50 PM EDT
“The longer you play the more hungry you get,” Halladay said. “All of us are to the point where we’ve had success and established ourselves. Once you do that, the most important thing becomes winning. I know Oswalt and Cliff feel the same way. We’re at that point in our careers where you really have to start chasing it. To be able to be on this team, right now, I think we all have to like our chances and hope we can do what we need to do to get it done.” [another photo below]
That was what Roy Halladay had to say tonight to CSN’s Jim Salisbury at the Philadelphia Sports Writers Association awards dinner at the Crowne Plaza hotel in Cherry Hill. No word on whether he left after his speech to try and catch a plane back to Clearwater before the next snow storm hits.
But don’t you worry about Roy missing a workout due to a little chilly weather. According to beat writer Ryan Lawrence, Halladay and Cliff Lee got in a workout earlier in the day on Monday at Citizens Bank Park.
Photos of Roy in Clearwater taken 10 days ago on January 21 by Bryan Sargent who was down in Florida for Phillies Phantasy Camp. Sargent actually kept a blog about his experience which is quite thorough – an interesting look at what the camp for Phillies baseball nuts entails.
|al on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Eng E on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JJ on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|nahroots on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money