Feb 16, 2005, 8:52 AM EDT
Not much sports news. The only thing of interest that I heard yesterday was A.I. voicing his opinion of Stephen A. Smith being wrong in his article yesterday when Smith said A.I. may want out of Philadelphia. Smith writes in his typical arrogant tone.
So with the Phillies not starting spring training till tomorrow, and nothing new on the Eagles front, I was reading wired.com yesterday and came across this article about NBA Street V3 for Nintendo GameCube. I thought it was pretty badass that you could play in the game as Mario or Luigi. I never played the second version of NBA Street, but the original was pretty fun. A.I. could do a phenomenal crossover like when he was at Georgetown only 10 times nastier. I was thinking about picking this one up. Has anyone played this?
Super Mario might be two heads shorter and 50 pounds heavier than LeBron James, but he can still take a slam dunk straight to the hoop. Must be all those mushrooms he eats.
To entice GameCube owners into buying more copies of their latest multiplatform basketball title NBA Street V3, Electronic Arts added a Nintendo All-Stars team. The unique draw of the PS2 and Xbox versions is online play, which the GameCube edition lacks.
What all three games bring equally well to the court is street ball — no referees, no fouls and hardly any rules. Legendary NBA players mix it up with today’s stars, with an emphasis on flashy ball handling and exaggerated dunks. But while fans of NBA video games will surely snap this up, casual gamers might be put off by some of the design choices.
|Fly guy on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Chief on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Scott B on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Jay D on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money