Feb 18, 2005, 8:45 AM EST
If you are a Philly fan, you will absolutely LOVE this book. If you aren’t a Philly fan, you will gain an all new respect for Philly fans and the city of Philadelphia. The book is co-written by my two favorite Philly Sports radio personalities: Glen MacNow (of Havertown) and Anthony Gargano. Glen has been named best sports writer in Philadelphia and as a 610 radio host, he is who I would call the authority on Philadelphia sports.
The book gives a phenomenal history of sports in Philadelphia for those who didn’t get to live through much of it. If you are wondering the true origin of the fans throwing snowballs at Santa Clause or the legendary people of the 700 level at the Vet, Glen and Anthony go straight to the source and put it into words to share with us all.
I don’t want to give a complete book review, but some of my favorite parts of the book were the section on the recent Sixers run in the finals against the Lakers. They do a fantastic job of putting you right back into Philadelphia during that tremendous run. The section on "Dallas Sucks" is another favorite. They talk about the inception of the Eagles, games at Franklin Field and Shibe Park as well as the history of the Phillies, the losingest franchise in professional sports. For people like me, who have never seen a Philly sports team win a championship, this gives a glimpse of what it will be like. I could go on and on, but what you should really do is read this book yourself.
I guarantee you, if you are a Philly fan, and you read this book, you will get goose bumps. And if you are not a Philly fan, you will stop ragging on them. You can buy the book Here for less than 12 bucks.
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Cuban on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages