Aug 11, 2009, 3:46 PM EST
Ray Emery is really living up to his reputation long before he’s ever stepped on the ice in a Flyers uniform. The above photo is reportedly of the paint job he’ll go with on his Flyers mask. If there’s one man who represents the toughness of Philadelphia, it’s boxing legend Bernard Hopkins, also known as the Executioner.
But the homage to Philly boxing greats doesn’t stop there, with Joe Frazier’s likeness appearing on the opposite side and the greatest fictional athlete in Philadelphia history getting a spot on the back of the mask. [photos of Smoking Joe and Rocky below]
This isn’t the first time Emery has gone with boxers on his helmet. You may recall an attempt to put Mike Tyson on his mask was shot down by his 2006 GM.
I can certainly dig an outsider coming into our town and instantly showing respect to some of our all-time greats, fictional or otherwise.
Thanks to Flyersonthefly for the twitpics.
|nyphilsphan on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|caliphornian on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|BenE. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages