Jul 31, 2009, 12:46 PM EST
If you've ever attended a university that plays in top level athletics, you've likely seen some of the school's best athletes partaking in illegal activity. Perhaps you even have one of those "I smoked with the starting quarterback!" tales. The fact of the matter is, college kids do stupid things all the time. Reggie Redding got caught.
Just because college kids do stupid things though doesn't make it okay. Especially if you're one of the key players on one of the nation's best basketball teams.
found in Redding's car. Villanova Public Safety officers ended up in
the vicinity of Redding's car, parked in one of the dorm lots, while
they were trying to find a car that had hit a traffic sign on campus.
Why do athletes get the preferential parking spot treatment? Getting a parking spot at my college was like winning the lottery.
It's unclear how Redding getting caught with the sticky green will impact his standing with the university and the basketball team more specifically. But as Dick Jerardi points out, "Redding's issues with the university could be more difficult to work through than his legal issues."
Drugs are bad, m'kay?
>>Villanova reviewing facts in Redding arrest [Daily News]
|jim on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Cadiblack32 on Michael Carter-Williams doesn…|
|yishmeister on Photos and Time Lapse: This is…|
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages