Jul 31, 2009, 12:46 PM EDT
If you've ever attended a university that plays in top level athletics, you've likely seen some of the school's best athletes partaking in illegal activity. Perhaps you even have one of those "I smoked with the starting quarterback!" tales. The fact of the matter is, college kids do stupid things all the time. Reggie Redding got caught.
Just because college kids do stupid things though doesn't make it okay. Especially if you're one of the key players on one of the nation's best basketball teams.
found in Redding's car. Villanova Public Safety officers ended up in
the vicinity of Redding's car, parked in one of the dorm lots, while
they were trying to find a car that had hit a traffic sign on campus.
Why do athletes get the preferential parking spot treatment? Getting a parking spot at my college was like winning the lottery.
It's unclear how Redding getting caught with the sticky green will impact his standing with the university and the basketball team more specifically. But as Dick Jerardi points out, "Redding's issues with the university could be more difficult to work through than his legal issues."
Drugs are bad, m'kay?
>>Villanova reviewing facts in Redding arrest [Daily News]
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money