Feb 1, 2009, 9:13 AM EDT
You may not have decided where to watch the Super Bowl yet, but MLB.com/Live has your pregame viewing all worked out. Word is they had to decline a strong bid from Failblog.org, but MLB.com will be airing the August 26, 2008 game in which the Mets [spoiler alert!] choked away a 7-0 lead to lose in 13 innings.
It was an amazing game in front of 45k plus at the Bank, and Charlie had to go way beyond his regular bench to do it, even pinch-hitting Brett Myers. Little did we know what valuable experience Brett was gaining at the plate despite striking out that day. Clay Condrey had a double. Chooch played 3B. Chris Coste didn't start the game, but he finished it with four hits. Gaaaddamn I'm gonna miss me Scott Schoeneweis this year.
on," Coste said afterward. "Whether we won this game or lost it, it
wasn't going to make or break the year, but the way in which we won it
reinforces the fact that the Phillies are never out of the game,
regardless of the score."
3 PM today. MLB.com/Live. Click on "Winter Classics." Thirteen of the most important innings of 2008 Phillies baseball, on their way to being WFCs. [Update: While the original MLB.com article says 2PM, the game feed page says 3PM.]
Finally, just for fun, do a Google image search for mets fan.
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Mungman on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money