May 26, 2009, 4:45 PM EST
Boston.com is reporting that the Flyers could play a hockey game at Fenway Park, "Yes, there will be a sheet of ice in Fenway Park for a Jan. 1 Winter
Classic. It's a done deal, Bruins vs. either the Capitals or Flyers.
The league will make it official at the start of July, with a splashy
media event in the old ballpark."
Will Alexander the Great's marketing power outshine our beloved Flyers and get the match up? Only time will tell. While their opponent is uncertain, one thing is sure: those Beanheads will be cold as hell outside at Fenway in January.
With a trip planned up to Boston this weekend to see the rockband Phish — from Vermont! — at Fenway on Sunday, two non-baseball events at the historic ball park could be in my future over the next few months.
Fun Fenway graphic via Lodge19.
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages