Jan 8, 2010, 4:12 PM EST
There have been a lot of reports to sift through today, but none put a smile on our face like the prospect of keeping the most exciting Flyer in Orange & Black.
Via Ryan Bright at Philabright, we relay this report from Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, who says the Flyers and Giroux are nearing agreement on an extension.
It's little more than a single line in an Ottawa newspaper, but it's news we've been looking to hear since the season began. Exhale that collective sigh of relief. If this report proves correct, we'll be staring at the ice with our jaws dropped for years to come.
In other news, the Flyers are off until Thursday, but are on their way to North Carolina a few days early to get in some team bonding. Head coach Peter Laviolette said they'll likely get some golfing in and added that his Russians are among the worst golfers on the team, which would make sense. Bob's muscle-memory reflexes prevent him from putting the tiny ball between the moving arms of the windmill.
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
|BenE. on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|Tom on #AskFakeWIPCaller: A Philly Sp…|
|Tom on Must See TV – Reggie Whi…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages