May 26, 2009, 12:47 PM EDT
Sad and scary news for one of the most beloved Flyers of my lifetime: [update: According to CTV.ca, Zezel will be taken off life support later today]
It is known that Zezel, 44, has fought the rare blood disease hemolytic anemia on and off the past 10 years, and had been in critical condition in 2001. But in recent years he seemed to have recovered and been able to lead a normal life.
Hockey-loving ladies of the Delaware Valley and all Flyers fans will be hoping Zezel can pull through. He was one of my first favorite Flyers, and this news is pretty rough.
(h/t: Glen Macnow on air)
Previously>>Did You Know: Peter Zezel Was in "Youngblood"
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|Scott B on What happens on April 4th,…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return