May 28, 2009, 7:36 AM EST
Ives Galarcep of SoccerByIves.net is reporting that the Philadelphia Union are set to announce the hiring of Peter Nowak as the franchise's first coach. Although unconfirmed by the team so far, sources tell Ives the announcement will come tomorrow.
Ives is an MLS beat veteran, and his sources have been solid before, so this sounds pretty legit. Previously, when we posted about the four possible names for the franchise, it was first announced by Ives.
So who is Nowak? Those with knowledge of the MLS and US national teams will know him well and support the pick as a home run for the Union. He has previously won the MLS Cup as both a player (Chicago, '98) and a coach (DC United, '04), and recently, he's been an assistant with the national team. He's also been a star with the Polish national team.
Nowak has the pedigree, and Ives thinks his "tough guy" demeanor will go over well in Philly. For more, check out his post here.
|ken bartlett on Biggest takeaway from Eagles S…|
|bryan on The ‘Group of Death…|
|Steve on Cowboys lose, Eagles take over…|
|CantStanzaYa on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages