Apr 24, 2009, 10:05 AM EST
A Pens fan was in Philly for Game 4 against Pittsburgh, clad in the silly powder blue jersey that even their own fanbase thinks is cursed. Still, they've sold a bajillion of them, and the fans continue to wear them, even on enemy turf. Dan Hopper of the blog Elvis Has Left shares the events of his night at the Wach, counting all the things that were said and done to him. I gotta say, I respect the guy. He sounds like it took it relatively in stride, even when he was punched.
punched. Not dangerously or with an intent to injure, but definitely
not jokingly either, just a regular, straight-up, punch to the center
of my Penguin-logoed gut. Though in his defense, I was clapping loudly
and yelling “Two years in a row!!!” so I probably deserved to be literally punched in the gut by a stranger.
At least he can admit he was kinda asking for it. I'm not one to hit an opposing fan, and I encourage my Philly brethren to abide by the Top Gun rules of engagement (Do not fire until fired upon), but at the same time, if I were in enemy territory and taunting a fanbase that just lost, I'd expect to get hit or at least a beer shower. All's fair. Hopper did say that a few Flyers fans came over to say the punch was uncalled for.
But the best part of his account was the description of the Wachovia Center crowd.
the absolute loudest I have ever heard a building, ever, in any sport —
I’ve never been to a postseason NFL game, but Wachovia unquestionably
topped even the loudest Pens’ home playoff games, Steeler games, or
college games I’ve ever attended, and it was legitimately impressive.
After the staring contest we saw from the Pens fans at last night's game, I'm not surprised. Interestingly, I'd heard that game 4 was loud, particularly at the end, but par for the course at best for Flyers playoff hockey. We'll see if we can't blow the roof off on Saturday. I got my tickets…
|Jason R. on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|ochospantalones on What do the Sixers want with R…|
|Bill L on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
|charles murphy on Roy Halladay places ad in Dail…|
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages