May 22, 2010, 5:49 PM EDT
The bad news first. After tweaking his right calf while getting out of the batter's box on Friday night, Jimmy Rollins will indeed be heading to the disabled list for the second time this season. According to CSN's Leslie Gudel, it's a grade one strain that GM Rubem Amaro Jr. says is "a two week thing."
I guess the good news is that the Phillies have been playing some solid ball the past few days and are coming off a series opening win over the Red Sox. As mentioned yesterday, Wilson Valdez cleared waivers and will take Jimmy's roster spot for the time being.
The Red Sox will throw Daisuke Matsuzaka (2-1, 7.89) this evening. Dice-K is coming off of an awful start on Monday in which he gave up 7 earned on 9 hits in 4.2 innings pitched in a no decision against the Yankees.
Kyle Kendrick will try to continue the string of impressive efforts from the Phils' starters. The Phils starters have lasted at least six innings in 18 of 19 starts in the month of May.
First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 this evening from the Bank. The game will be televised nationally on FOX. Thankfully, I'll be sitting in the stands tonight and will not be forced to listen to that broadcast.
Update: We thought it was national but I guess there is another game (Yankees-Mets) on FOX tonight that you could be getting. Sorry about that.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money