Mar 28, 2011, 7:29 PM EST
A lot has happened since the Sixers last met
the Heat way back in November. For instance, the Sixers no longer look
like a wretched basketball team that lost 13 of its first 16 games. Far
from it, actually. The Sixers have grown tremendously in that time span
and are now a near lock for the playoffs with their likely opponent in
the postseason being this very Miami Heat team.
The Big Three hasn’t lived up to the hype they built coming in to the
season, but they’re without a doubt a dangerous basketball team.
“We can’t change the fact that they have those guys,” Lou Williams said.
“I think for the fans it’s a name game. To us it’s a basketball game
played against a good basketball team. Obviously, when they have that
caliber of players it’s always going to be a tough test to get a win,
especially on their home court. But it’ll be good to see where we are,
especially facing one of the top teams in the league.”
LeBron James has been scoring in bunches lately too, including a 43
point effort against the Hawks a week ago. Andre Iguodala’s knee should
likely be put through a grind on the defensive end this evening if he
finds himself trying to shutdown No. 6.
The Sixers currently own the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference
which would match them up with the Heat in the opening round of the
playoffs. There’s a chance Philly could catch Atlanta for the five spot
which would likely match them up against the Orlando Magic, but
personally I think they’ll stay at six and play the Heat, which will
make for a very exciting playoff matchup.
As Coach Collins has pointed out, the Sixers have a very tough
remaining road schedule (at Miami, Chicago, Milwaukee, Boston) to finish
out their season, so tonight’s game will be a big test for them.
They’ve shown they can play anyone down to the wire on their homecourt,
but if they want to win a playoff series they’re going to need to win on
the road against good teams.
Tip scheduled for 7:30 on CSN.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages