Aug 20, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
The Phils had been running hot over the past week before last night's clunker in which Cole Hamels was ineffective and that bats were nonexistent until garbage time. But if there's a guy the Phillies want on the hill to get them back on the winning track it's Roy Halladay (15-8, 2.24) who will be throwing tonight against Jason Marquis (0-5, 14.33) and the Washington Nationals.
Yes, Jason Marquis has not won a game yet this season and has an ERA of 14.33 ERA, but this will be only his third start since returning from 3.5 months on the DL. On the flip side, Roy Halladay.
Halladay has faced the Nationals only once this season and was great in his Phillies debut on opening day, holding the Nats to six hits and one run over seven innings. Doc is also coming in to tonight's outing having won five straight starts. He has not lost since July 18th.
The trends are looking good for the Fightins' in this one.
First pitch scheduled for 7:05. Enjoy your Halladay.
Meanwhile, in the state next door, Ryan Howard will be getting his groove back with the Lakewood BlueClaws. I'll actually be checking out that ball park for the first time this evening and will likely report back.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages