Aug 25, 2010, 4:56 PM EST
The former-Phillie reunion tour rolls on tonight at Citizens Bank Park as JA Happ will throw for the Astros. Happ, of course, was included in the deal that landed the Phillies Roy Oswalt before this season's trade deadline passed.
Happ was a solid pitcher for the Fightins' over his career, but this season was marked by an extended DL stint rather than a repeat of his impressive (if not a bit lucky) 2009 campaign. By all accounts, JA was a solid clubhouse guy and his personality will be missed. But when you have to give up a guy like Happ to land an Oswalt, well, you have to do it.
The Phillies will counter with Roy Halladay who has been simply disgusting at Citizens Bank Park over the last month or two. The Phils will need another Halladay-style outing if they want a chance to salvage a split with the Astros with the way the offense has looked as of late.
While Monday and Tuesday's games were marred by shoddy calls by the umps, the Phils bats didn't do enough to overcome the adversity and find a way to win. When you play 7 (!) extra innings at home, you have plenty of chances to give your team the win. The Phillies failed to do that last night.
Ryan Howard is not in the lineup this evening after getting tossed after the 14th last night and having an awful 0-7 night at the plate. I've heard nothing of a suspension for his tirade, most likely just Charlie looking to give him a breather to clear his head and figure out how to get hot again.
First pitch is scheduled for 7:05. Happ(y) Halladay! (Sorry.)
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|kbwcpa on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|Matt S. on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|braindead on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages