Jan 6, 2009, 8:01 AM EST
I don't know what it is about sports that makes us enjoy the valleys of our rivals almost as much as our own teams' peaks. I believe the Germans call it schadenfreude, and try as I might (not really) to be above it, I can't help but get a laugh when a Cowboys star tries to detonate his cresting team.
Kulp mentioned yesterday that Roy Williams, the "stud" receiver the Cowboys spent a huge haul of draft picks on, then a huge haul of money to lock up, wasn't happy with anyone thinking he's a number 2. Most of us thought he was lower than that on their depth chart this year (literally fourth in receiving production), but he'll have none of that. He also showed no amount of veteran leadership in his comments about Miles Austin's success and both receivers' chemistry with Tony Romo. Now, in order to clarify his statement, he did what most foot-in-mouthers do, he indicated the comments were taken out of context, and then threw someone else's name into the mix—Terrell Owens, in this case. Didn't I tell you this was fun?
"I'm not a T.O.," Williams said. "I'm not trying to be a T.O. I'm happy to win. I've said that a hundred times. I don't understand why people don't just say OK."
Why would he go after TO like that? Could it be because Owens name-dropped Williams just last week?
"I have been looking at my stats compared to Roy E. Williams' stats over there with the Cowboys and my goal is to have better stats than him by the end of the season," Owens said Wednesday. "I am looking forward to it. I can feel the momentum on this team."
Yes, if you're going to reach for the stars as a #1 WR, you should set your sites on Roy Williams, who is on pace for a little better than 30 catches and 4 TDs this season. Things have gotten bad in Buffalo, and now, you can be sure a reporter will be reading Williams' comments about "not being a TO" at Owens' next press opportunity.
We haven't reached full-on cat fight status yet, but who knows what'll come next. Speaking of which…
Video via Deadspin.
|dawkisgod on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|Tom on The ‘Group of Death…|
|yishmeister on LeSean McCoy pulls Eagles slei…|
|clmull on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages