Jan 8, 2006, 9:54 AM EDT
I was going to leave the headline as Ryan Howard named MVP and leave off the "of Japan Tour" part. That would have been mean to those of you who see the headlines first in RSS readers. Alas, Ryan Howard has not been named MVP of the National League, yet at least. He was however the most valuable player of the Japan Tour:
Howard, who had four homers and eight RBI in the series, was
named MVP of the tour.
"I got some good pitches to hit and had a lot of fun here,"
said Howard, the Philadelphia Phillies slugger who led the majors
with 58 homers this season. "I had a great time and I’m glad that
we were able to win every game."
Ryan Howard. What could we possibly say bad about him? I also found this note interesting:
The last time a team of major leaguers swept a tour of Japan was
when the Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig All-Stars went 17-0 in 1935.
>>Reyes walk-off HR completes MLB sweep of Japan [ESPN]
|Momby on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|Jay D on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|willh888 on 3 Stars: Ref disallows late go…|
|galasso2586 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return