May 5, 2007, 10:07 AM EDT
Roller Disco: We support Philadelphia sports of all sorts here at The 700 Level, so we were sad to hear that the Growl, Philly’s own pro roller hockey team, won’t be bringing home another championship this season. The Growl have won the PIHA title in each of the last two years, but this year they ran into a tough semifinal match up with the Connecticut Blaze. If you or your kids are into the roller game and hockey pants, check out the Growl site and maybe catch a home game over at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees next season.
Get Your Degenerate On: It’s Kentucky Derby day, so head over to Harrah’s Chester and put some of that disposable income on the stud with the best name. I’m looking forward to hearing the race announcer shout "I’m a Wild and Crazy Guy," but the smart (boring) money is on favorites like Street Sense (4-1) or Curlin (7-2). I wouldn’t mind seeing Barbaro jockey Edgar Prado cross first with Scat Daddy (10-1), but then again, I think we could all do without the ensuing Barbaro-fest. Having never won on the ponies, I can’t offer a pick, but I can point you in the direction of a good Mint Julep, the Derby drink of choice.
Lieber Vs. Lowry: Let’s hope Jon Lieber can take down San Fran’s Noah Lowry this afternoon. Lieber’s the hotter of the two pitchers right now, despite giving up a career high in walks in his last turn, but Lowry is no slouch. The Derby is smack in the middle of the game, but it’s over in blink, so you won’t miss much. We’re one day away from the nationally televised showdown between Cole Hamels and Tim Lincecum…
Fasano Goes Yard in Texas: The Rangers smoked the Blue Jays last night, but Sal put the only run on the board for Toronto with a solo shot in the 3rd. The RBI machine should be picked up in all fantasy formats, especially shallow keeper leagues.
|Mike on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Jason R. on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return