Feb 17, 2009, 6:15 PM EST
The Sixers return to action tonight after a subpar All-Star break and face a subpar Pacers club in Indiana, a friendly match-up which can ease the streaking club back into the swing of things. Their last game was six days ago when they finished off a season-long seven game homestand at 5-2, so it's been quite awhile since this team has had to hit the road.
They've looked hungry though, playing well enough to boost the club's record three games above .500 for the first time since starting the '06-'07 season at 3-0. If the Sixers continue to experience this recent string of success, they have a very good chance at sneaking into the fourth playoff seed, currently owned by Atlanta who have just 3.5 games over the NBA's hottest team.
Yes, I'm still talking about the Sixers.
The same Sixers who have won 14 of their last 18 games. This team may not be championship caliber, but they are a fun team to watch with a lot of young, talented players and a serious opportunity to carry a home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs, possibly even advance. For all the concerns about a certain power forward, they continue making progress.
Now I'll admit it's difficult to get excited about a game against the Pacers, who they've already beaten twice, but there are only 31 games left, plenty of time to make some serious noise in the Eastern Conference and generate some playoff buzz.
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|sfsu on Phillies sign pitcher formerly…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages