Feb 26, 2006, 5:01 PM EDT
Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown tuned in to Wired 96.5, whose morning host Chio
was doing his annual "Christmas Wish" campaign that helps parents who
are unable to provide Christmas for their families. One letter chosen
came from teacher Susan Furey on behalf of one of her students.
She had asked the 9-year-old what he wanted for Christmas, and he
replied: "Blankets, because the heater is broken and it’s cold at
home." Brown invited the boy, his mother and stepsister to his weekly
Wired 96.5 "Outside the Huddle" appearance at Adelphia restaurant.
After the show, he surprised the family with new bikes, Eagles jerseys
and toys – plus blankets and portable heaters. "When you hear stories
like this, I realize how truly blessed I am to be doing what I’m doing
and no child should be asking for blankets for Christmas to keep warm,"
Brown told Chio.
Just wanted to point out that not all athletes are selfish and that many do a lot of good in the community.
|tcclark on Andrew MacDonald’s contract pa…|
|psudrozz on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|DenverFlyer on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
|Bob on Mason out: Ray Emery is your F…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money