Oct 19, 2012, 5:46 PM EST
Charles Barkley was a guest on 94 WIP this afternoon with Anthony Gargano and Glen Macnow to talk everything sports. From Jrue Holiday turning into an All-Star point guard for the next 10 seasons to winning money on last night’s Seattle Seahawks game thanks to the Niners declining a safety to Michael Jordan’s legendary trash talk, Chuck touched on it all.
It doesn’t get much better than Barkley unscripted. Perhaps the best nugget to come out of today’s call was when Sir Charles went into a tale about when he played Jordan in the NBA Finals.
It all started when Ant brought up a story about Jordan calling Muggsy Bogues a “bleeping midget,” which apparently went on to haunt the rest of his career.
That’s when Barkley dug into his MJ archives.
“I gotta tell you this funny Michael Jordan story,” Barkley starts off. “We’re playing the Bulls for the championship and we come out of a timeout. Micheal’s BS’ing and BS’ing, I don’t even know what he’s talking about. He’s like, ‘Man, this is bull. This is bull!’”
“Man, you guys got a white guy guarding me!”
“I said, ‘dude what are you talking about,’” Barkley said.
“It’s disrespectful,” Jordan apparently responded.
Charles went on to say that Larry Bird once told him the same thing, that he also thought it was disrespectful when a white guy would be guarding him.
“I was laughing so hard every time they said that,” Barkley said.
I guess that means Dan Majerle was disrespecting NBA players his entire career.
UPDATE: Here’s the audio: for the Jordan bit, FWD to the 19:00 minute mark.
player.render(‘fileUrl=http://nbcsports700level.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/11i2q_3.mp3?authtok=5561908835792344588_MZS81K98nunpGF3I5PoUzIYQp08&name=Charles Barkley chimes in on Juan Castillo, Andy Reid, Phillies, Sixers and an incredible Michael Jordan story&artist=Anthony Gargano & Glen Macnow&stationID=60&configFile=config.xml&buttonColor=grey&buttonOverColor=blue&backgroundColor=’);
|Bill Baskett on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
|Jerry on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
|BroncoBilly on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
|Brad on Jerry Jones doesn’t hire a GM…|
- Finding Gillooly: What Happened To Figure Skating's Infamous Villain?
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages