Jan 25, 2006, 8:25 AM EST
Sixer All Star Lee Nailon was arrested yesterday for apparently beating his wife:
"It has come to our attention that Lee Nailon has been arrested today
by Lower Merion police on allegations of a domestic incident," Sixers
president and general manager Billy King said in a statement released
before last night’s game. "We have no further details. Until we are
able to learn all the facts, it would be inappropriate for us to
The radio this morning was reporting that Nailon hit his wife in the face. She then locked herself in the bathroom and called the police. When police showed up to Nailon’s home, he claimed that his wife was not home. Um, yo Lee, your wife called the cops from the bathroom; you must have the brains to go along with your basketball skills.
Nailon has seen action in 22 games this season and is averaging 4.2 points per outing for the Sixers.
From a Daily News article today, apparently being in jail didn’t stop Nailon from making an appearance at the game last night:
Here’s one way things were different last night: The Sixers issued a
brief statement concerning Lee Nailon, who was charged yesterday in
Lower Merion with simple assault and harassment and was in custody
pending a hearing this morning. Nailon was listed as inactive for the
game, but at halftime was shown on a taped message on the arena screens
welcoming the crowd.
The Sixers ended up beating Sacramento 109-103.
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|icdogg on Connor Barwin is … THE…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Mostel on The Evster breaks down this ye…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages