Dec 21, 2011, 2:53 PM EST
Our condolences go out on this Wednesday afternoon to the Xaiver Silas fan club. The former Northern Illinois Huskie is among the four players announced by the 76ers as having been released.
Silas joins Antonio Anderson, Dwayne Jones and Mike Tisdale on the open market. Of the four, Silas was the only one to see preseason action, recording a block in the waning moments of the team’s second and final exhibition game against the Wizards last evening.
The Sixers are now down to a 14-man roster, and are expected to stay that way. Of course, only twelve guys can dress on any given night.
Sixers coach Doug Collins was quoted last evening as saying that 6-10 forward Craig Brackins, who played just three games with the team last year, is in the process of transitioning from a power forward to a small forward, and is “in a fight with Andreas Nocioni for the sixth perimeter spot.” Nocioni was expected to be either amnestied or released earlier this month and has not played in either exhibition contest. Second round draft pick Lavoy Allen and veteran big man Tony Battie round out the remainder of the roster for those not already part of coach Collins’ rotation.
With a brief training camp and preseason already behind them, the Sixers are set to open their 2011-2012 season on the road next Monday night in Portland.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages