Mar 31, 2005, 10:05 AM EST
The never ending roller coaster ride of the Sixers took a big dip last night in Phoenix. The Suns handled the Sixers with ease and to make matters worse C-Webb hurt both his shoulder and formerly ailing knee. ESPN has a full game recap with video included.
There seems to be conflicting reports on the seriousness of Webber’s injury. Joe Juliano gives a nice writeup in today’s Inquirer:
Webber tweaked his surgically repaired left knee with 2 minutes, 9 seconds in the first half. After examining the knee at halftime, the Sixers medical staff, with the concurrence of the Suns’ team doctor, advised Webber not to return.
Webber felt his knee was well enough for him to start the third quarter.
"I wanted to play, just to give it another effort," Webber said. "I think our team deserved to see everybody trying, and I just wanted to show some of the guys what type of person I was. I didn’t even think it was going to be a big deal."
However, Webber bumped his left shoulder in a collision and left the game again with 2:31 left in the third quarter. The Sixers said he sprained the shoulder, and Webber said he felt it pop out of the socket.
"It was so freaky," he said. "This is my bumping shoulder for all these years. I told Allen (Iverson) when he picked me up, ‘It popped out.’ He’s like, ‘No, no’ and I’m like, ‘Yeah, yeah.’ Hopefully, maybe it popped out a little bit and not a lot, but we’ll see."
So who really knows.. I’m expecting the worst in this one. Hopefully Webber will be able to go Sunday in Boston. I’ll be up there for the game against the Celtics and the Sixers need C-Webb to beat those guys.
|Andrew Kulp on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|FREE KWAME!!! on The Eagles are in ridiculously…|
|willh888 on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages