Dec 17, 2011, 12:56 AM EST
Sure, it was against the Washington Wizards, but damn if the Sixers didn’t look real sharp in their first competitive action as a team of the season. Doug Collins’ squad clearly benefited from having played an entire season together in the past while the Wiz… well, the best thing about the Wizards on Friday night was their fresh new uniforms. [photo + video below]
You could point to plenty of Sixers having a nice night. Spencer Hawes showed off the touch early, putting up 10 points in the first half. Jrue Holiday looks like his progression into a legit star point guard in this league is coming along real well. Elton Brand’s mid-range jumper, the one we fell in love with last season, was back in action. LouWill showed he didn’t forget how to shoot/score. Dre didn’t find the basket on the night, but he doesn’t need to for the team to win with this balanced attack.
Perhaps the most exciting takeaway from the game, for me, was Evan Turner looking soooo much more comfortable on the floor than he did for much of last season. Damn it if he didn’t look down right smooth at times.
You can watch the full highlights below, but we FFWD it right to ET’s sweet behind the back move and finish. Don’t mind the John Wall cross that immediately follows it.
Sweet new duds down in DC:
As far as first preseason games go, you can’t hope for much more. Just another sign of a team we look forward to watching all season long.
Here’s Coach Collins on the nice effort:
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages