Mar 27, 2012, 6:24 PM EST
The Philadelphia 76ers are a fantastic team when they play opponents who are awful basketball teams. They thrive at beating the crap out of lesser teams while struggling to hang with the likes of San Antonio as on Sunday.
From John Finger’s what-you-need-to-know about tonight’s game: “Since the start of the season, the Sixers have taken care of the teams
below them in the standings. They are 10-17 against teams that currently
qualify for a playoff spot, but have ripped up the rest of the league
for a 17-4 mark. Suffice it to say, the Sixers need to continue that
trend against the Cavaliers, especially with Andre Iguodala likely to
sit it out.”
Thankfully, tonight they face a Cleveland Cavaliers team that isn’t as good as Doug Collins’ squad. At least not on paper. But they’ll have to face Kyrie Irving for the first time, who missed the earlier match up in February, an easy Sixers win in which the Night Shift dominated.
The Sixers will be without Andre Iguodala this evening who continues to battle through knee pain. Jodie Meeks will start in his place with Sam Young seeing plenty of run as well. Coach Collins really seems to like the way S-Young gets after it on the floor.
The Sixers are neck and neck with the Celtics atop the Atlantic while a loss tonight could drop them to as low as the seven seed. Gotta get this one.
7:00 tip from the WFC. Hopefully the Sixers can wreck Cleveland so Bruce Springsteen can come to town to write a song about it tomorrow night.
|brandonphilly on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|ifihad10weekstolives… on Sometimes you get kicked in th…|
|Andrew Kulp on 29th in the NHL in scoring, ha…|
|BenE. on Why the Flyers won the Talbot-…|
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- TV My Wife Watches: Q&A with Myself about the Upcoming Bachelor Season
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages