Dec 4, 2012, 6:29 PM EST
Rebounding has certainly not been one of the Sixers’ strengths this season — well below league average on the offensive boards, right about average overall — and they’ll be tested down low tonight when they take on Kevin Love and the 7-8 Minnesota Timberwolves.
Love was second in the entire NBA last season at 13.3 boards per game behind only Dwight Howard. You know who the Sixers could really use to help battle him? Andrew Bynum, who was third in the league last season at 11.8 per.
Doug Collins knows they’ll have their hands full with the Wolves on the boards this evening.
“With tonight’s game, we’ve to to do a good job with Love who’ll will get down in the post,” Coach said before the game. “He’ll float around and shoot threes. He’s a great outlet passer, a great offensive rebounder. This is a team also you have to keep off the free throw line.”
What makes Love such a great rebounder?
“I think great rebounders see that shot go up and they have a feel where it’s going to go. He’s relentless, has very strong hands, good second effort, and carves out a lot of space for himself. He knows hows to use his body and has a great base.”
Lavoy Allen is penciled in as the Sixers starting center this evening. Expect he, Kwame Brown, and Thad Young to battle Love and Pekovic on the boards all night long.
Notes: No Swaggy P. this evening who is out with a left great toe hyperextension.
7:00 tip from the WFC. Look out for the exciting half time show.
|2sentz on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|MJS on Who are these Flyers? Tonight…|
|romanKanai on Michael Young Is Posting Some…|
|Jason R. on We’re comparing Michael…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages