Dec 12, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
The Sixers posted three of their new television commercials to YouTube earlier today featuring their new tagline, “Passionate. Intense. Proud.” One focuses on the team’s storied history — did you know they have the THIRD most wins in NBA history?!. Another focuses on Doug Collins and the third focuses on the Sixers’ “Youth.”
They’re solid. But I wouldn’t go so far as to say they’re really good. The footage used is real nice, but the voiceover and music combo leaves a bit to be desired. [videos below]
One real noticeable thing about the spots: Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala are nowhere to be found while Evan Turner, Thad Young, Jrue Holiday, and even Lou Williams appear multiple times.
Now, perhaps Elton and Dre are featured in a spot yet to be seen, but if not, the decision to not market their two most expensive and accomplished players is a bit curious.
Or a sign of the direction they plan to go in down the road.
UPDATE: The Sixers’ new CEO and Co-Owner, Adam Aron, left a comment on this post noting that additional commercials featuring Elton and Dre are currently in the works. We certainly appreciate his response, but his thought process on the voiceover and music being anything short of perfect still leaves a bit to be desired in our humble opinion. Yes, we’re whiny. And picky. Bloggers.
That said, it’s nice to see the new guys taking such an active role reaching out to those that care.
We are planning five 76ers commercials, actually. The Brand and Iguodala
TV spots are being edited as we speak. So you should read nothing into
our launching with our first 3 commercials. Need to keep the campaign
fresh after all.
And as for the music and voiceover “leaving a bit to be desired,” you
are already writing about the comemricals and the Sixers — and that one
and all is the reason why one runs advertising in the first place.
CEO and Co-Owner
|White Catholic NE Ph… on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Ken on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|willh888 on Photos: The giant owl eyes now…|
|Kevin V on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages