Apr 13, 2011, 6:44 PM EDT
Pick your poison. That’s what Doug Collins said about facing either the Heat or the Celtics in the opening round of the 2011 NBA playoffs. Turns out, the Sixers will have to search for an antidote in South Beach as their date with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh is now set in stone. The series should kick off Sunday afternoon in Miami. We’ll have another action packed Philly sports weekend in store.
Personally, I thought they would have had a better shot stopping the elder Celtics who Doug Collins’ squad could find a way to beat using their athleticism. Instead, they’ll have to deal with the the task of preventing D-Wade from getting to the basket. Good luck with that, Jodie Meeks.
That said, I wouldn’t count this Doug Collins team out against anybody. That’s why they play ‘em.
Video: A bit more on the Sixers against Miami this season (and Orlando Monday night).
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return