Aug 10, 2009, 4:05 PM EDT
The Sixers, having unveiled a brand new court at the Wachovia Center earlier today, invited a number of bloggers and media types to test it out this afternoon by playing some ball. After playing three full court games followed by a much more relaxing game of half court, I can share with you some amazing insights.
First, the court is made of wood which is sometimes described as hard. There is red, white, and blue paint on the wood. There is a foul line and a three point line as well as a half court line. There are also little screw holes to keep the wood in place. The court is long… like, really long. Not longer than any other court in the league but damn, running up and down a regulation size court is tiring — especially for someone who hasn't played a full court game of basketball in close to six years. I can't walk at the moment.
It's a basketball court. But a very nice, new basketball court.
For serious though, the court is a classic throwback and will look great paired with the new uniforms they'll be wearing in 2009 to go with it. If you're going to play a pick up game anywhere, I highly suggest the Wachovia Center. And as for the new uniforms that leaked? We're told they are in fact one of the road uniforms the Sixers will be playing in next season. Something about there being a miscommunication between the NBA people photographing the rookies over the weekend.
For all of you wondering how my game was? I'd say poor to moderately poor. I'm certainly more of a Mo Cheeks than an Allen Iverson — a better setup man than a scorer. Also, Mo Cheeks is like 50-years old and my Wii Fit told me my actual fitness is somewhere in that range.
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money