Dec 10, 2012, 5:40 PM EST
You may remember the last time the Detroit Pistons traveled to Philadelphia to play the Sixers at the Wells Fargo Center in mid November. It was a painful evening in which the previously win-less Pistons beat the daylights out of the Sixers. It was one of those night’s where you just couldn’t pinpoint what the heck was going on with this team.
We called it “an historically putrid night at the Wells Fargo Center.“
That win helped spark the Pistons a bit and they’ve put together quite a few more wins since that point, six more to be exact.
Hopefully Doug’s squad doesn’t come out flat yet again. You never know with these guys.
Evan’s Improved Three Ball Due to Lack of Practice?
The most interesting story of the day, however, has little to do with tonight’s game but rather the improved longball shooting of one Evan Turner. The Kid ET told Gordie Jones, writing for CSNPhilly.com, that he got better at shooting the three by… not practicing it.
“Not working so hard on it,” he said before scoring 26 points in last
Friday’s 95-94 victory over Boston, including the winning basket with
3.9 seconds left in overtime.
focusing on it,” he said. “That was it. I stopped focusing on it. I
worry about my mid-range [game], my driving and my free throws, and
that’s it. Honestly, I don’t shoot threes before games. I don’t practice
threes anymore.” [...]
To hear him tell it, he did try to work on his three-point shooting over the summer.
he said, “I wasn’t hitting them. After a while you say, ‘Never mind.’ I
just kept working on my mid-range game. I think the more important
thing is just to be in a good rhythm.”
That’s so Evan.
7:00 tip from South Philadelphia. It’s dollar dog night!
|joe skal on Photo Essay: Patrick Chung wre…|
|BenE. on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|Mick on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
|mike on Video: Zac Rinaldo racks up 27…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages