Mar 18, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
For a guy who spent eight seasons in Philadelphia, Samuel Dalembert was never truly embraced by most Sixers fans. In fact, he was one of the players who took the brunt of this city's vitriol over that era during which the team was pretty much going through the motions of an 82 game season with no real hope of bringing a championship parade down broad street. What went on in the locker room over that time, we're not entirely sure, but Sammy D. certainly had the reputation for being more concerned about his own performance than that of his team. That said, he certainly won many fans over last year when he showed his generosity in helping the people of Haiti after the tragic earthquake there. He'll take on his former club tonight for the first time and says he's excited about the opportunity.
From the Sacramento Bee:
Dalembert said he still keeps in touch with members of the training staff in Philadelphia and former teammates, such as Elton Brand and Jrue Holiday.
Dalembert said there already has been some trash talk.
"I'm really excited to play against those guys," Dalembert said. "I know their strengths and weaknesses. It's very exciting."
Not to be lost in the reunion is the fact that one of the players in the Dalembert deal, Spencer Hawes, will be facing his former team as well. Show 'em what they're missing, Spence.
The Sixers are coming off a nice win in L.A. despite some early trouble with the refs which led to a Doug Collins ejection. But this young Sixers team noted that they felt the need to play hard for their coach who was sent to the showers early. It's good to see they love goes both ways.
The Kings are one of the worst teams in the West, so a win tonight is important for the Sixers if they want to keep their eyes set on the six seed.
Tip off scheduled for 10:00 pm on the East coast.
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|db21 on Connor Barwin says Eagles used…|
|2sentz on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages