Jun 9, 2010, 11:13 PM EST
They came out looking absolutely dead to start the third period, trailing 3-2 with the Blackhawks only minutes away from hoisting the Cup. But something happened, perhaps another well-timed Peter Laviolette timeout, perhaps the energy of the crowd, or perhaps that survive instinct kicked into relentless mode. Scottie Hartnell, the guy with the most energy for the Flyers all night, tipped one in off of a beauty of a pass from Ville Leino, and this one was going to overtime. Sadly, that was the high point on the evening for the Flyers and their fans.
Unfortunately for Philadelphia, the Blackhawks were the first to find the net in extra time, albeit not really the back of it.
It was one hell of a run for this team, a month-long ride that Flyers fans will never forget. They didn't have it tonight, but they were close. Close doesn't let you lift Lord Stanley's cup though.
More to come. Not how we wanted it to end.
|Matt S. on Eagles officially the hottest…|
|SadKumquat on Peter King: Eagles ‘the disapp…|
|JMRA on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
|AJockStrapFeely on Snowballs fly in Washington, B…|
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Slow motion video of a base jump going horribly wrong
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages