Mar 16, 2009, 9:17 AM EDT
Discouraging news out of Phillies camp this morning. Todd Zolecki is reporting that Cole Hamels will fly back to Philly to have his left elbow checked out by team doctor Michael Ciccotti. He threw about 50 pitches yesterday, after which no ill effects were noted, and the team is saying it's just precautionary for now.
Still, Phillies fans were not looking to start their week talking about the World Series MVP possibly missing his Opening Day start. Hopefully it's resolved by then.
Update: Down in Florida, John Finger twitports… Cole Hamels says it's just tightness and nothing to be worried about.
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return