Apr 26, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
CSN's Jim Salisbury just reported some unexpected news, saying a source close to Ryan Howard says the Phillies slugger is close to signing a 5-year extension. Details are slim, but we'll obviously be monitoring this situation for more news.
UPDATE: CSN now has a post up saying it will kick start in 2012 and go through 2016 and be worth $125 million. There will reportedly be a club option for a sixth year that could bring the total value of the deal to $138 million. According to Matt Gelb, "Howard will make $20 mil in 2012-13; $25 mil in 2014-16. The club option for 2017 is worth $23 mil with a $10 mil buyout." Big bucks for the Big Piece.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money