Jan 16, 2009, 5:00 AM EDT
Stephen Colbert credits the fine baseball team that plays in New York for the totally badass patch they will wear on their uniforms commemorating their inaugural season at Citi Field. Colbert notes, "the Mets chose a patch that uniquely captures the essence of the franchise. It's perfect. Notice the way the patch mirrors its fans by not actually wanting to say it's for the Mets." I won't ruin all of the punchlines for you. Colbert drills them quite nicely.
Colbert also touches on some interesting happenings in the city the Phillies play their Spring Training ball in — Clearwater, Florida.
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return