Dec 11, 2005, 1:27 PM EST
A new weekly feature every Wednesday here at The 700 Level: card of the week. This week, Steve "Lefty" Carlton.
I found this card in one of the random boxes of old cards I have. I was approximately negative 7 or 8 years old or so in 1973. I’m guessing I picked this out of one of those random cards for a quarter boxes at the old card shop. Holy Shit! A Phillies pitcher had 27 wins. I can’t even fathom that happening in this day and age.
Steve Carlton, Gaylord Perry, and Wilbur Wood after the jump. Wilbur really looks thrilled to be here.
Steve Carlton [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
Gaylord Perry [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
Wilbur Wood’s Rubber Arm [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
|David Seasholtz on Looking back at Philadelphia p…|
|Andrew Kulp on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|BenE. on Coming-of-age? Sean Couturier…|
|Barry on This outlandish Penn State-the…|
- This Florida State Ball Boy Is A College Football Hero (this is amazing)
- How A Reporter Eavesdropped On Barry Bonds's Grand Jury Testimony
- Tiger Woods Denies Jason Dufner’s Auburn Angst on Twitter
- Vermeer’s Secret Tool: Testing Whether The Artist Used Mirrors and Lenses to Create His Realistic Images | Vanity Fair
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Tony Wroten made a YouTube movie about the Sixers' young rap group
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages