Dec 11, 2005, 1:27 PM EDT
A new weekly feature every Wednesday here at The 700 Level: card of the week. This week, Steve "Lefty" Carlton.
I found this card in one of the random boxes of old cards I have. I was approximately negative 7 or 8 years old or so in 1973. I’m guessing I picked this out of one of those random cards for a quarter boxes at the old card shop. Holy Shit! A Phillies pitcher had 27 wins. I can’t even fathom that happening in this day and age.
Steve Carlton, Gaylord Perry, and Wilbur Wood after the jump. Wilbur really looks thrilled to be here.
Steve Carlton [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
Gaylord Perry [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
Wilbur Wood’s Rubber Arm [National Baseball Hall of Fame]
|willh888 on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|Hockey on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money