Jul 16, 2007, 9:15 AM EDT
Some of you may have seen this over the weekend, but for those who haven’t, enjoy.
If the Yankees make trades this month, they plan on using their veteran
relievers and/or lesser prospects (think Matt DeSalvo) to try and make
incremental upgrades at backup catcher, first base and their bench.
They believe that free-agents-to-be such as Mike Myers and Luis
Vizcaino could be replaced adequately by Triple-A options such as Sean
Henn and Chris Britton, and that eventually Jeff Karstens and/or
prospects Joba Chamberlain and Ross Ohlendorf could be moved from the
rotation to the pen. A trade of Myers or Vizcaino to the pen-hungry
Phillies for another free-agent-to-be, backup catcher Rod Barajas, fits
the current Yankees thinking.
Please, please, please, please, please!
>>Boras taking A-Rod into $tratosphere [NYPost]
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money