Jul 16, 2007, 9:15 AM EDT
Some of you may have seen this over the weekend, but for those who haven’t, enjoy.
If the Yankees make trades this month, they plan on using their veteran
relievers and/or lesser prospects (think Matt DeSalvo) to try and make
incremental upgrades at backup catcher, first base and their bench.
They believe that free-agents-to-be such as Mike Myers and Luis
Vizcaino could be replaced adequately by Triple-A options such as Sean
Henn and Chris Britton, and that eventually Jeff Karstens and/or
prospects Joba Chamberlain and Ross Ohlendorf could be moved from the
rotation to the pen. A trade of Myers or Vizcaino to the pen-hungry
Phillies for another free-agent-to-be, backup catcher Rod Barajas, fits
the current Yankees thinking.
Please, please, please, please, please!
>>Boras taking A-Rod into $tratosphere [NYPost]
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return