Jul 16, 2007, 9:15 AM EST
Some of you may have seen this over the weekend, but for those who haven’t, enjoy.
If the Yankees make trades this month, they plan on using their veteran
relievers and/or lesser prospects (think Matt DeSalvo) to try and make
incremental upgrades at backup catcher, first base and their bench.
They believe that free-agents-to-be such as Mike Myers and Luis
Vizcaino could be replaced adequately by Triple-A options such as Sean
Henn and Chris Britton, and that eventually Jeff Karstens and/or
prospects Joba Chamberlain and Ross Ohlendorf could be moved from the
rotation to the pen. A trade of Myers or Vizcaino to the pen-hungry
Phillies for another free-agent-to-be, backup catcher Rod Barajas, fits
the current Yankees thinking.
Please, please, please, please, please!
>>Boras taking A-Rod into $tratosphere [NYPost]
|brandonphilly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
|Danimal on Nick Foles gets the Sports Ill…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
|Chip Smelly on Video: Danny Briere talks fond…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages