Feb 20, 2013, 11:50 AM EST
Once you get passed the shock of the hair, Andrew Bynum actually spoke yesterday about the status of his knees and his outlook for the remainder of the Sixers 2013 season. He was also asked about the prospect of remaining in Philadelphia long into the future.
His answer was, like the big man himself, rather puzzling.
Dei Lynam wrote a piece this morning looking at whether Bynum and the Sixers will eventually make a long-term commitment. From her story:
When asked if he envisioned himself being a Sixer beyond this season, Bynum was true to his personality.
“I am wide open,” he said. “I want to play. I am here now and I don’t
have any problem with the Sixers. They have treated me great this
entire time. I have had my trainer here. I have been working with KJ
(team trainer Kevin Johnson) and the guys, so there are no bad feelings
I’ve read that quote like 15 times to try and make sure he’s really saying the words it feels like I’m reading.
So while Sixers’ fans hopes of a bright future lay in the joints of this big fellas knees, his outlook on the future could seemingly have nothing to do with Philadelphia. I mean, they’ve been nice to him and treated him great, and there are no bad feelings. There’s no problem with the Sixers.
I really can’t wrap my head around it. Although I suppose if an organization is paying you exorbitantly and you haven’t even played a second of ball for them, why would he feel any sort of allegiance to them?
So Bynum is wide open. Just not on the basketball court where we all want him to be.
And he could stay in Philadelphia. Or not. Sigh.
|solidsender on We’re comparing Michael…|
|Chip Smelly on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|BenE. on Chip Kelly doesn’t belie…|
|Captain_Awesome on Why Philadelphia lost WrestleM…|
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- FBI’s search for ‘Mo,’ suspect in bomb threats, highlights use of malware for surveillance - The Washington Post
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages