Feb 20, 2013, 11:50 AM EST
Once you get passed the shock of the hair, Andrew Bynum actually spoke yesterday about the status of his knees and his outlook for the remainder of the Sixers 2013 season. He was also asked about the prospect of remaining in Philadelphia long into the future.
His answer was, like the big man himself, rather puzzling.
Dei Lynam wrote a piece this morning looking at whether Bynum and the Sixers will eventually make a long-term commitment. From her story:
When asked if he envisioned himself being a Sixer beyond this season, Bynum was true to his personality.
“I am wide open,” he said. “I want to play. I am here now and I don’t
have any problem with the Sixers. They have treated me great this
entire time. I have had my trainer here. I have been working with KJ
(team trainer Kevin Johnson) and the guys, so there are no bad feelings
I’ve read that quote like 15 times to try and make sure he’s really saying the words it feels like I’m reading.
So while Sixers’ fans hopes of a bright future lay in the joints of this big fellas knees, his outlook on the future could seemingly have nothing to do with Philadelphia. I mean, they’ve been nice to him and treated him great, and there are no bad feelings. There’s no problem with the Sixers.
I really can’t wrap my head around it. Although I suppose if an organization is paying you exorbitantly and you haven’t even played a second of ball for them, why would he feel any sort of allegiance to them?
So Bynum is wide open. Just not on the basketball court where we all want him to be.
And he could stay in Philadelphia. Or not. Sigh.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return