Mar 19, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
Usually when you’re banged up and coming off a real tough go of things you don’t want to get into a fight with a bobcat. Luckily for the Sixers, that’s not the case in the National Basketball Association. Losers of three straight, the Sixers are likely pretty happy to see the Bobcats pop on their schedule this evening.
The CSN preview for tonight’s game actually includes the following paragraph:
history. Should they lose out, the 7-59 record would be percentage
points worse than the 9-73 mark by the Sixers in 1972-73, recognized as
the worst season in NBA history. One more win by the Bobcats over the
final 21 games gets them off the hook.
It’s somewhat amazing that losing out with 21 games to play is a feasible thing. So let’s hope the Sixers can help make history happen.
A couple of quick notes:
Jrue Holiday is coming off a 30-point scoring on Saturday night in the loss to the Bulls. It was the first time a Sixer reached that mark all season.
Charlotte is actually coming off of a win and have been getting solid play from Gerald Henderson and D.J. Augustin of late.
“Tonight is a game where our guys know what is at stake,” Coach Collins told Dei Lynam.
“They are playing better basketball. [D.J.] Augustin is back and he had
25 points in a half against us last year. He can score. Kemba Walker can
score. Gerald Henderson can score. We know what we need to do. There is
no need for me to get up there and give the State of the Union on the
importance of this game. Our guys know we have to come in here and find a
way to win this game tonight.”
Reviews on the Evan Turner Show have cooled a bit since the Kid strung together impressive outings for almost a week before coming back to earth. The converation seems to have shifted from “can ET and Dre play together?” to “can ET and Jrue play together?” When one has put up solid the numbers, the other has seen his stat line drop. Worth watching.
7:00 tip from North Carolina.
|PurdueAlum or @cjray… on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|gov on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|JOn on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Renee on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money