Mar 19, 2012, 6:44 PM EST
Usually when you’re banged up and coming off a real tough go of things you don’t want to get into a fight with a bobcat. Luckily for the Sixers, that’s not the case in the National Basketball Association. Losers of three straight, the Sixers are likely pretty happy to see the Bobcats pop on their schedule this evening.
The CSN preview for tonight’s game actually includes the following paragraph:
history. Should they lose out, the 7-59 record would be percentage
points worse than the 9-73 mark by the Sixers in 1972-73, recognized as
the worst season in NBA history. One more win by the Bobcats over the
final 21 games gets them off the hook.
It’s somewhat amazing that losing out with 21 games to play is a feasible thing. So let’s hope the Sixers can help make history happen.
A couple of quick notes:
Jrue Holiday is coming off a 30-point scoring on Saturday night in the loss to the Bulls. It was the first time a Sixer reached that mark all season.
Charlotte is actually coming off of a win and have been getting solid play from Gerald Henderson and D.J. Augustin of late.
“Tonight is a game where our guys know what is at stake,” Coach Collins told Dei Lynam.
“They are playing better basketball. [D.J.] Augustin is back and he had
25 points in a half against us last year. He can score. Kemba Walker can
score. Gerald Henderson can score. We know what we need to do. There is
no need for me to get up there and give the State of the Union on the
importance of this game. Our guys know we have to come in here and find a
way to win this game tonight.”
Reviews on the Evan Turner Show have cooled a bit since the Kid strung together impressive outings for almost a week before coming back to earth. The converation seems to have shifted from “can ET and Dre play together?” to “can ET and Jrue play together?” When one has put up solid the numbers, the other has seen his stat line drop. Worth watching.
7:00 tip from North Carolina.
|Jason R. on The Evster compares the Sixers…|
|Webuppp on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return